Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Surf-Inspired Career Woman

Givenchy! One of the most difficult fashion names to pronounce, so say it with me y'all (Jsee-von-shee). I want you to get the pronunciation correct after reading this blog because most likely you will see Givenchy referenced in the future AND I am here to educate the fashionista in you!  
Here is a look at the SS12 "surfer-paradise" inspired collection:



I love what Riccardo Tisci has done with the brand. Looking at Givenchy's runway show is almost like looking at a youthful Versace show.  In this collection, the colors are soft and the silhouettes are mermaid-like. I found that most of the pieces could be worn "in the office." If you want to make and impression at work, take a look at the stunning Rumi Neely from Fashiontoast in Florence, Italy for the Luisaviaroma's biannual Firenze4ever event. She is wearing a top, skirt and shoes from the runway show. Together it looks brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment