Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Baptism

This past weekend we baptized our precious daughter. It was a very intimate and special day for us to share with our family and my husband and I could not feel more complete.

When I started to plan my outfit for the event, I immediately became inspired by fall 2011 pant suits and bow ties. Since the androgyny trend is in, I couldn't help but revert to the images of Rachel Zoe 2011 collection and the smashing white suit I was dying to find an excuse to purchase for. Luckily, I was able to get my paws on it, the first week it came out at Neiman Marcus . The suit was the only one left in my size on the west coast, they were literally flying off the racks...it was meant to be.

As for my husband, son and daughter; I was inspired by this photo of Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale for her first son, Kingston's baptism.  I love the bow tie, it's a classic dapper look which my beautiful boys resemble in personal style.  My daughter's dress was made by her Grandmother, Rosa.



My Inspiration:

Rachel Zoe Fall '11
YSL Fall '11
Rachel Zoe Fall '11



The Result:


Husband: Suit by Zara, bow tie by Salvatore Ferragamo; Son: Jacket by Janie & Jack, Pants and shirt by Crewcuts for J.Crew, Shoes by Zara, Bow Tie Nordstrom









I am wearing a pant suit by Rachel Zoe, Shirt by Bebe, Tiffany's Pearls, Christian Louboutin "Rolando" Pumps, Rayban sunglasses and bag by Louis Vuitton.

No comments:

Post a Comment